Telephone Counselling Benefits
- Convenience and
- It is in the comfort and security of your own home. If total privacy is important to you, no one else sees you going to a therapist.
- If you live or work in a rural community or remote area, accessing counselling by telephone makes your session possible.
- If you like the services offered by Advanced Therapeutic Counselling, you can engage in the phone counselling process from anywhere in Canada or the USA by calling us, and we will return the call on our bill.
- You can access counselling from your home, office, abroad, or during a vacation.
- There can be more flexibility with scheduling.
- You don’t have to take into account extra travelling time.
If you live in a remote area without access to any in-person help, being able to use the phone for your session makes counselling possible. Phone counselling from the comfort of your home can be especially helpful if you struggle with anxiety, low self-esteem, or high sensitivity.
Telephone Counselling Sessions
- 55 minutes.
- All sessions are scheduled in Pacific Standard Time.
- Please call to schedule an appointment time. Then, at the appointed time, I will call you, at your desired location.
For phone counselling, payment must be made by Interact e-Transfer at least 24 hours before your session.
When telephone counselling is not appropriate
- If you feel suicidal, homicidal, in danger to yourself or others, call 911 or your doctor immediately, or go to the nearest emergency centre.
- If you are experiencing psychotic symptoms (hallucinations, delusions, thought disorganization).
- If you are addicted to drugs or alcohol and are currently using.
- If you have been diagnosed with a psychiatric illness such as Bi-Polar or Schizophrenia.In these cases, please consult with your doctor.
With phone therapy, we will schedule your appointment time together in advance. Then, at the appointed time, I'll call you, wherever you happen to be. Either leave your name and contact number on my business line, or email your information and contact number and I will return your email/call within 24 hours.
To find out more about my phone counselling services please call Advanced Therapeutic Counselling at 587.224.0488, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.